Join Our Team
Join the OWL team as a part-time, independent subcontractor.
Want to join the OWL team as a part-time, independent subcontractor?
Do you have a true passion for decluttering and organizing? Are you a person who loves working closely with people? If so, being a Professional Organizer may be a good fit for you.
What types of people are we looking for?
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused
- Ability to coach, teach and guide a client
- Space Planning
- Open-minded and non-judgmental
- Good listener
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Work well with different types of personalities
- Fun and positive personality
- Sales and networking skills
- Ability to adapt and overcome (be flexible)
- Great time management skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, bend, squat – no physical limitations
- A flexible schedule (there are no set or guaranteed hours) and able to work Monday through Saturday between the hours of 9:00am-6:30pm. Sessions last no more than 4-5 hours each.
- Ability to purchase your own liability insurance at the required limits
- Smoke free (due to client allergies) and ability to pass a background check
- Access to a computer/laptop and a phone that takes good quality photos
What would you be doing?
- Provide personalized in-home organizing services with the goal of helping clients sort, systemize and spruce up their spaces
- Decluttter and organize any room or space in a residential home or commercial building, including home offices
- Follow The OWL Method of organizing systems and processes
- Maintain personal supplies and equipment required in your organizing tool tote (list will be provided)
- Coordinate appointments with OWL admins and manage your own schedule
- Must have a cell phone with voicemail so OWL can reach you in a timely manner
- Respond to team and client inquiries within 24 hours
- Generate leads and close clients during the sales process (optional: additional monetary spiff included)
Do we offer training?
Shadowing a seasoned organizer (with “Shadowing Pay”, different from typical pay) will be required before organizers are permitted to work with clients. Training will include how to evaluate a client’s current organizing challenge and develop a plan that honors the clients’ vision, timeline, budget and personality. The organizer you are assigned to will determine if you’re ready to venture out on your own by what you produce in the shared session.
Where would you be working?
Organizer must have a reliable vehicle with adequate storage space and be willing to travel within the Birmingham area and surrounding cities.
- Birmingham Metro
- St. Clair County, Jefferson County, Blount County, Shelby County
Does this position include benefits or mileage reimbursement?
- Because you would be hired on as an independent subcontractor, we would not provide benefits of any kind. By law, we are also not permitted to reimburse for mileage expenses.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, fill out the boxes below for an opportunity to interview. Please allow 48-hours for your application to be processed. We will reach out if we believe you would be a great fit!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Lia is a life saver! I have utilized her services three times now: twice in my home and once in my remote storage unit. She makes the entire process painless and stress-free. And she is SUCH a hard worker. She easily does the job of four people. I didn't have to do any "pre-organizing" either. She just comes in and attacks the space, as-is. Love her! Hire her! You won't regret it!
I recommend Lia without reservations! She has helped us transform closets, children's rooms, kitchen, office, playroom, etc. She and her staff are highly professional, dependable, and good at what they do! And the bonus is that Lia is a delightful, trustworthy person . . . just a joy to be around.
Lia and her staff were AMAZING. They could see where I needed help developing systems (and how overwhelming it was for me). They jumped in, hustled, and boom. It was done! I will definitely be calling them to do more projects in our home!
My closets were in shambles. Lia came in and literally changed my life and the way I look at organizing! Very professional, punctual and precise. If you are like me and can’t seem to get it right, contact Lia!!
Lia does a great job! She even went to the store and bought bins and organizer units for me, and stayed well within the budget I asked her to. I will have her back soon to declutter a few other rooms!
Lia was an amazing person and she really listened to my needs and wants! Lia, executed her tasks with a high level of performance and time management. I will refer to family and friends and use her services again.
Lia is amazing! She’s super nice, so easy to work with and my house looks amazing!! I highly recommend her!!