Want to join the OWL team as an independent subcontractor?
Do you have a true passion for decluttering and organizing? Are you a person who loves working closely with people? If so, being a Professional Organizer may be a good fit for you.
What types of people are we looking for?
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay focused
- Ability to coach, teach and guide a client
- Space planning
- Open-minded and non-judgmental
- Good listener
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
- Work well with different types of personalities
- Fun and positive personality
- Sales and networking skills
- Ability to adapt and overcome (be flexible)
- Great time management skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, bend, squat – no physical limitations
- A flexible schedule (OWL operating hours: Monday through Saturday between the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm – sessions last no more than 6 hours each)
- Ability to purchase your own liability insurance at the required limits (roughly $32 per month)
- Smoke free (due to client allergies) and ability to pass a background check
- Access to a cell phone for communication, emailing and taking quality project photos
What would you be doing?
- Provide personalized in-home organizing services with the goal of helping clients sort, declutter, and systemize any space in a their home
- Ability to pack or unpack a home in an organized fashion
- Uphold OWL level of excellence creating organizing systems and processes
- Maintain personal supplies and equipment required in your organizing tool tote (list will be provided)
- Coordinate appointments with OWL admins and manage your own schedule
- Must have a cell phone with voicemail so OWL can reach you in a timely manner
- Respond to team and client inquiries within 24-hours
Do we offer training?
Shadowing a seasoned organizer (with “Shadowing Pay”, different from typical pay) may be required before organizers are permitted to work with clients. Shadowing involves being evaluated by a seasoned organizer on the team. They will determine if you’re able to accommodate a client’s current organizing challenge and develop a plan that honors the client’s vision, timeline, and personality. We also provide an orientation booklet to give you tips and tricks of the trade.
Where would you be working?
Organizer must have a reliable vehicle with adequate storage space and be willing to travel up to 45-minutes one way to a client’s home.
Areas of Service:
- Birmingham Metro and surrounding areas
- Huntsville Metro and surrounding areas
Does this subcontractor position include benefits, mileage or reimbursements of any kind?
- We do not provide benefits of any kind and you will not be reimbursed for mileage expenses or personal supplies.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, fill out the boxes below for an opportunity to interview. We will reach out if we believe you would be a great fit!